August 6, 2020
Know Before You Go!
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting Jolly Roger Parks you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. For more information please visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/ or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/.
Friends and Families of Jolly Roger® Amusement Parks,
At Jolly Roger® Amusement Parks, we are taking enhanced health and safety measures to keep you, our other guests, and all of our employees safe. These added protocols and procedures will change the guest experience from what you are used to, but, don’t worry, we’re still maintaining the Jolly family fun you’ve come to expect from Jolly Roger®!
Here’s a list of some of the updates you can expect to see around the park:
- Prior to beginning work, all employees will undergo a health screening consisting of a verbal interview and temperature check. Any employees who do not pass the health screening will be immediately sent home and will have to follow an established procedure before returning to work.
- Employees will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Guests can wear masks throughout the park. Due to the nature of some rides, face shields and other non-secured face coverings may not be permitted on specific attractions.
- Guests are required to wear masks indoors (i.e. bathrooms, etc.)
- Plexiglass barriers have been put up between you and our cashiers. Cashiers will only give out receipts upon request.
- Cash-free methods of payment are available and encouraged.
- Social Distancing and other Safety reminders will appear throughout the park. You’ll see videos on our TVs, hear announcements on our PA system, and see signs throughout the park.
- A large number of hand sanitization stations have been placed throughout the parks.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of rides and high touch areas such as counters, ATMs, and pin pads. Additionally, sanitization products will be available should guests like to personally clean any areas they may touch.
- Rides may be temporarily shut down throughout the day for sanitization.
- We’re limiting capacity on our rides. This means ride wait times may increase as we’ll be running attractions with empty seats. Please use the floor decals to maintain social distancing (groups traveling together may stand together) and avoid touching rails when possible.
- Guests will swipe their own cards for ride entry.
- Ride Operators will not be readily available physically to assist children in getting in and out of rides. We ask that parents or a supervising adult assist their children who may need help. Additional assistance will only be available on request.
- At Jolly Roger® Parks, the health and safety of our guests and staff are of utmost importance. Due to difficulty with social distancing and other safety protocols, we have made the decision to cancel our free live-entertainment this year, including performances at Jolly Roger® 30th St. from Circus Smile, Pirate Theatre, and our Splash Mountain Mermaids.
July 31, 2020 Update
Please note that in accordance with Governor Hogan’s Executive Order, effective July 31st, guests are responsible for wearing masks at all times in areas where social distancing is not possible. Thank you for staying safe, we can’t wait to see you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to my passes?
All passes, armbands, and points (tickets) will be honored indefinitely until used. Traditionally, our Jolly Roger® at the Pier, Jolly Roger® at 30th St., SpeedWorld®, Splash Mountain Water Park, and Jolly Roger® Mini Golf passes never expire, and we will continue to honor that policy throughout these difficult times.
What if I purchased a Season Pass to Splash Mountain Water Park?
Our Season Passes to Splash Mountain Water Park will be honored. Please understand that there are two scenarios;
- Your 2020 season passes will be honored for one year from our opening date next summer. (ie. Splash Mountain Water Park is opening on July 1st, 2020, this means that your Season Passes will be honored through July 1st, 2021.)
- Due to the current situation, if your plans change, and you do not redeem your Season Pass in 2020, it will be honored in 2021.
While our signage and employees provide guidance on safe social distancing, it is up to the guests to follow this guidance in order to maintain the safest possible conditions for all guests and staff members.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our offices at 410-289-3477.
We can’t wait to see you for another #MyJollySummer
From Our Family to Yours,
Jolly Roger® Amusement Parks.